No matter if you’re getting ready to compete in the Olympics, run your first 5K race, or just get the most out of your workout routine, there is a particular macronutrient that is an absolute must-have in your diet. Carbs and fats have their place in your diet, but you can’t overestimate the importance of protein! Protein helps your muscles repair after a tough workout, leading to increased stamina and improved strength over time.
Are you looking for healthy ways to add more protein to your diet? If so, consider adding a few of these protein-packed superfoods into your meal plan!
- Eggs. Delicious at any time of day (breakfast, lunch, or dinner, or even as a quick between-meal snack), whole eggs are one of the most protein-dense foods on the planet. One large egg has 6 grams of protein with fewer than 100 calories!
- Grilled chicken. Grilled chicken breasts are one of the most popular sources of low-calorie and low-carb protein. An entire chicken breast contains a whopping 53 grams of protein with fewer than 300 calories.
- Almonds. Almonds are an excellent source of quality protein for vegetarians, vegans, and anyone else who wants to limit their meat intake. One ounce of almonds has 6 grams of protein.
- Greek yogurt. Looking for a way to add a little more protein to your breakfast? Consider a cup of Greek yogurt! A 6-ounce cup of Greek yogurt has 17 grams of protein. If you’d like to make your yogurt a little tastier, consider adding some sliced up fruit for a balanced and tasty breakfast!
- Lean beef. Lean beef is another very powerful source of protein. A single 3-ounce serving of lean beef contains a whopping 22 grams of protein and less than 200 calories.
Are you looking for a simple way to add some more quick protein to your diet? Big Daddy’s Nutrition offers protein and energy supplements in Chester County, PA and beyond to help you maximize your workout results. To learn more, visit our convenient online nutrition store in West Chester, PA today, or give our team a call at 484-552-2762.